Choosing the right Weebly theme – 4 Steps you should follow.
22 September 2017
Have you ever stared hopelessly in a collection of Weebly themes, wondering, “How the heck do I know which one I should pick?”
Don’t you feel like the more themes you look at, the more they look similar?
It is a blessing that we have an exceptional range of Weebly themes to choose from, but it often becomes a headache as every other theme looks perfectly fine for our businesses.
But choosing a wrong theme can turn into a very costly mistake in long run.
Here’s the good news – this haunting process can actually be simplified and margin of error can be eliminated!
To make things easier for you, we have developed a set of criteria that we use when making template design suggestions.
This helps add clarity to your decision. Once you go through our checklist of 4 necessary steps, you will be fully confident in choosing a right theme for your Weebly site.
Here are the 4 Steps you should follow to find the theme that best suit you.
Step 1: Define the Goal of Your Website
Before even looking into a theme, be clear what exactly do you want to achieve with your website?
If it is an online store, the design must emphasize on products, Call-to-Action buttons, blogs, etc.
If it is a corporate website, the design should be clear, professional to emphasize on trust and authority.
Think about your audience as well. If you own a blog that targets teens, the logo and theme should contain joyful colors and have colorful illustrations, responsive theme is a must.
Most people who have no clarity about their business goals and audience often commit the same mistake – they choose the most visually attracted theme instead of the one that actually serves their audience needs.
So, to start with, answer these following questions.
- What is your business industry (or the purpose of your business)?
- Who are the potential customers and visitors to your website?
- What service do you offer? What products do you sell online? or What is the purpose of your organization?
Step 2: Search for Inspiration.
One of the best ways to add clarity to your decision is to explore the competition in the same industry. This works in both ways. You can have a good idea of what you may want on your website along with things that you want to avoid. Here’s what you do.
- Look for websites those are in the same business industry.
- For example, if you sell Women Clothes online, you can search for “Fashion Weebly websites Examples” or “eCommerce Weebly Weebly examples”. If you are an Insurance company, you may look for “Insurance Weebly Websites examples” or “Business Weebly Showcases”
- See what content they put on their websites. What are the key components in their design that attract and influence visitors?
- Pick one to three best examples that fit your business.
Tip of the day
It is best to search for examples within Weebly and your business industry. Why?
Because when you find your right example, it’s possible to find out which Weebly theme was that example built with, so you will have the chance to get that exact theme to make your own website. It saves time and usually gets you exactly what you are looking for.
Great news! We have prepared the exact thing you need. It’s a collection of Weebly website examples which sorted by industries. You can find your relevance examples, even better, you will also know which Weebly theme was used.
Here’s all you have to do:
- Select your industry.
- Pick your right example.
- Get the theme for that example and start to build your dream Weebly website.
Take a look at the Weebly Site Showcases.
Step 3: Make a List of Must Have in Your Website
Before deciding or even exploring the options you have, you should have a list of layouts and features that you need on your website. Having this list, you can easily narrow down the options.
In this sample, the 5 must-have list of layouts and features will be:
- Top Navigation (not hamburger nor sidebar menu)
- Full wild header slider (1 – 3 sliders)
- Layouts for online store
- Layouts for blogs
- Layouts for about page, service and other information.
Which type of layouts do you want on your website?
What are the features you want to offer visitors? Can they sign in and subscribe as members? Can they download something useful?
Step 4: Pick Your Right Weebly Template
If you have followed the last three steps, you can easily choose the right Weebly theme, but from where? How? And what are the options to choose from?
To explore the options, you can follow these steps:
• Go into our Weebly Themes gallery.
• You can narrow your selections with Online Store, Business, Portfolio or Creative… navigator.
• Pick a theme which has the overall design you like and acquire most layouts in your wish list.
• With most special features, you most likely won’t be able to find in any Weebly template, premium or not. (For example: multiple header sliders, layout builder tool, or testimonial…). In this case, select the theme which has the most of the design layouts requirement. You can look for features later in our App Store or Weebly App Center.
That is it! We believe you definitely get the theme that best suit you after follow those 4 steps. Now is your turn to get start. 🙂
Remember, Your website can be beautiful & professional – No matter what industry you are in.